Remember, yours and your family’s safety is the most important thing, so move yourselves and your pets upstairs, with a means of escape.
– Turn off your electricity and gas supply, if it’s safe to do so – but never touch sources of electricity when standing in flood water
– Move valuable items upstairs or to a high point in your property
– If you don’t have non-return valves fitted, plug your water inlet pipes with towels or cloths
– Disconnect any equipment that uses water, like washing machines and dishwashers
– If you think you may need to be evacuated during a flood, remember to pack spare clothing